Barbie in a Christmas Carol




Feeling a little Christmassy already? Then Check out Barbie in A Christmas Carol.
Barbie in a Christmas Carol is an adaptation of a Dickens classic. The tale stars as Eden Starling, a glamourous diva in a Victorian London Theatre. Full of herself, Eden plans to make all her employees stay and rehearse on Christmas Day. Not even her closest childhood friend, Catherine, can convince her otherwise. So it's up to three delightful spirits to show her the error of her ways.

This was a delightful adaption of Charles Dickens' classic tale. It has been wonderfully adapted in such a way as that a younger child can watch it without getting scared while still relaying the original message.

The music is wonderfully done with Christmas classics such as O Christmas Tree, We Wish You a Merry Christmas etc. The bonus features on the disc include a Carol Oke Party, several trailers as well as a humorous behind the scenes music video with the pups from Barbie Diamond Castle and the song I feel Connected.

My 5 and my 3 year year old daughters absolutely loved this movie. Even my 18 month old son was charmed with this story. The graphics were vivid and beautiful and the fashions were amazing. (I wish I had a Christmas dress like Eden)

Again, this movie left us all feeling cheerful and christmassy. We literally watched it the day after Halloween and suddenly we were in full Christmas mode. My daughter has been decorating everything in sight as a Christmas tree since.

Given that many of Mattel's Barbie movies can be fairly dark in spots, I was pleasantly surprised at the light tone of this movie. The movie still provides plenty of opportunities for family discussion regarding selfishness and the true reasons for Christmas.

I have to say that this is a must have for your holiday movie collection. I believe this movie will have real longevity with your child and is not one even the grown ups will tire of quickly.

The only downside: our kids are totally hyped up for Christmas and boy do they have a long wait!

UP NEXT, Kitt Kitteridge, An American Girl

Merry Christmas,

Zeemaid
Please let me know if this review was helpful to you or just let me hear your thoughts on this movie.

No comments: