Meet Me At the Corner Review

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a great site for kids called Meet Me at the Corner


Literally, it's virtual field trips of fascinating people and places around the world.  These free podcasts are short and simple and best of all are submitted by children.  Initially the podcasts highlighted New York City but has now grown to include podcasts from California, Colorado, North Carolina, Texas and Maryland.  


Want to see your home town on that list?   Meet Me at the Corner are always open to new video submissions.  Simply head over to their site, create an account and start exploring.  


What I liked about this site was that my children were able to see places that I know we probably would never get to visit in real life.   My son loved to watch the San Diego Railroad Museum and to see all the model trains.  Plus seeing the kids hosting these videos, I think is encouraging to other children and shows them what they too could do.  It encourages children to get out there and discover their own community in order to share it with others. 


I think this would be a great resource for homeschooling parents.  


Job well done!

No comments: